If you missed this year’s MSBA meeting and are still looking to attend a good meeting about honey bees, you might consider the Pollinator Health and Safety Conference (PHSC) being held on Thursday November 20, 2014 at the Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks (200 Sable Oaks Drive, South Portland, ME 04106).
Presentation topics include:
- Factors Affecting Bee Mortality In the US (John Skinner)
- Factors Affecting Bee Mortality In Maine Agriculture (Tony Jadczak)
- Status of Native ME Pollinators (Frank Drummond*)
- Pesticide Risks (Nancy Ostiguy)
- Use Patterns for Neonicotinoids and Other Pesticides in Maine (Henry Jennings)
- Best Management Practices For Pollinator Safety (David Epstein)
Note that Frank Drummond will also be the guest speaker at the February 11, 2015 meeting of the Androscoggin Beekeepers Club. Dr. Drummond will describe a four year study he conducted on Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD).
Conference registration cost is $50/person on or before October 31 and $75/person after October 31.
For a listing of the tentative schedule and presenter biographies, you can visit the official PHSC webpage here.